Panel Discussion | Video Recording | 12-16-2015
Panel discussion and audience question forum for a community dialogue about how skyrocketing rents impact our communities, and what we can do about it.
Hosted by: Know Your City and Portland Tenants United (Portland’s new tenant union)
Part 1 of 2: Panel Discussion |
Topics included no cause evictions, government policy, homelessness and camping and more.
After the panel discussion on the rent crisis that we are facing in Portland, Oregon, audience members lined up to ask a series of questions for the panel speakers.
Part 2 of 2: Audience Questions | Topics questions included rent control, housing as a human right, eminent domain, “economic cleansing”, homeless sweeps, effects on seniors and fixed income levels, no-cause evictions, and more.
- Speakers include, Left to right at the table
- Meg Guerra, Hacienda CDC
- Josh Alpert, Chief of Staff for Mayor Charlie Hales
- Vahid Brown, Hazelnut Grove
- Katrina Holland, Community Alliance of Tenants
- Margot Black, Portland Tenants United
- Moderator: Michelle DePass, Portland Housing Bureau
- Hosted by Community Warehouse on NE MLK Jr. Blvd
- Recorded by Mary Anne Funk
Kristin Yount was also at the event recording for KBOO. Listen to audio and interviews from the evening at http://www.kboo.org/todaytherentcrisisapeoplesperspective